Likelihood analysis and related tools
This page and its children are intended for notes about likelihood analysis and the related science tools.
- Notes on recent features Likelihood
- Here is a link to the current workbook version of the tutorial
- There is now also a guide to the interactive use of Likelihood from the Python prompt
- Here is a tutorial for binned likelihood analysis
- Example XML model definitions.
Previous tests of the method
Tests performed in the framework of the catalog group. I have not tried to go before May 2007. Even that may not be fully representative of what the code does now.
- Energy dispersion (May 2007): estimates effect of neglecting energy dispersion in gtlike
- Obssim2 simulation (September 2007): the latest plots are at the end
- Test patterns (December 2007): the first plot shows the flux restitution in that simulation of faint sources over a flat background.
- Bright sources in obssim2 (February 2008): the end of the report shows how the spectral modeling of bright sources influences fainter sources nearby.
- LEO simulation (March 2008): the end of the report shows biases due to the imperfect background modeling.
Documentation and Development Notes
- Energy Dispersion Notes (presented to C&A 14 April 2008)