The official instructions are here: VPN
If you are using the VPN only to access the Stanford journal collection from home, you do not need a VPN. See the instructions below.
1) Download the Cisco AnyConnect client.
2) Install the AnyConnect client via:
From within the vpn and dart directories respectively.
2) Install clamav (this is the required Linux anti-virus software)
sudo apt-get install clamav clamav-daemon
3) Start clamav
sudo systemctl start clamav-freshclam
4) Open AnyConnect client via:
Then follow the connection instructions above.
1) Follow the link https://vpn.slac.stanford.edu/
This will take you through steps to download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
2) Get CrowdStrike Anti-Virus Software - some anti-virus is required for MAC.
3) Follow the connection instructions here to connect using the Cisco AnyConnect Client: VPN