These are the steps for a hostname change or an IP address change for a CentOS 7 or RHEL 7 host
IP address change only
- If the IP address is moving OUT of the current subnet/vlan, then this needs to be coordinated with Networking.
- Unless if the host is a VMware VM, then the subnet change can be done by the VMware administrator.
- Change the IP address in NetDB: https://netdb.slac.stanford.edu/
- Verify the host is using DHCP
- check the netdb entry for the DHCP checkbox and correct MAC address
- check the host's interface configuration file to verify it's using DHCP