Update (16 dec 2008) here
Ped deviation monitoring (10/03/2008)
The following plots show the evolution with time of the pedestal deviation for LEX1,HEX1,LEX8 and HEX8 .I use the root file CALPEDSANALYZER and canvas CalXAdcPedPedMeanDeviation_LEX1_TH1 ( LEX1,HEX1,LEX8 and HEX8).
I put the data into a histogram and fit with a Gaussian (see plot). The reported value is the mean of the gaussian (with 3 parameters, N ,mu, sigma) ( which give the peak of the distribution) and the error bar is the width of the Gaussian sigma
the time range is more or less 30 days
we see a clear trend that could explain the trend is FLE and FHE threshold.
h2 updated plots (10/04/2008)
LAC pos threshold
LAC neg threshold
- The following plots show the evolution, for POS (top) and NEG (bottom), of the LAC distribution mean value and RMS from the
RECONHISTALARMDIST.Lac_Thresholds_FacePos_TH1_TowerCalLayerCalColumn_leftmost_edge_TH1plots with the moot key=2419, 2321 and 2417(most recent NomSciOps definition).
- The mean value is the centroid
- The RMS is represented by the error bar
- The RED points represents the value of the center of the highest bin in the LAC histogram
- The GREEN points represents the value of the center of the lowest bin in the LAC histogram
generated with /a/surrey01/vol/vol2/g.USAWork1/berrie/glast/flight/lachist_v2.py
The mean value shows a slight increase with time
When zooming the points, there is a very significant oscillation of very small amplitude with a ~1day period.
- The code can run in a daily cron job for instance since it takes approximately a minute to run right now.
- The xrootd list is retrieved in the script (thanks Johan & David!) using
FLE and FHE monitoring
We used the RECONHIST file to monitor the FLE and FHE threshold, downloaded by the following command :
For FLE, we fit the 'SuspCalLo_Highest0_EnergyDistribution_TH1' histogram with the following function :
For FHE, we fit the 'SuspCalHi_Highest0_EnergyDistribution_TH1' histogram with the following function :
The following plots show the evolution of the fitted parameter  as a function of time for both FLE and FHE. This parameter is likely to described the mean FLE (FHE) threshold.
- The red cross are the obtained values and the error bars are the errors given by MINUIT
- First plot is the fitted FLE threshold as a function of time and the second plot is the same but for FHE threshold
- FLE : The mean value is 97.5 Mev not 100MeV : due to the method?
- FHE : mean is > 1000 MeV
We clearly see an oscillation in both plots
- Check the result with the CALCalib code