Changes to SCons to address building the ScienceTools outside of slac with some alternate structure for GLAST_EXTERNAL configure data.
The condaforge/linuxanvil docker container has the following limitations
- No ssh. must use `repoman --remote-base http://github.com/fermi-lat` to perform checkouts
- Python 3.6.4 is the default version
- Scons 2.3.0 is in conda default channel, but built against py27
- Scons 3.0.0 works, but runs on python 3 so our SConstruct and SConscript files don't parse correctly (we use print expressions, they expect print functions)
- Use conda environments to build against 2.7 instead
conda create -n py2 python=2.7 git && source activate py2
pip install fermi-repoman
repoman --remote-base http://github.com/fermi-lat checkout --force --develop ScienceTools master
conda install -y scons=2.3.0
- Must rewrite chunks of allExternals.scons to compensate for conda. Or possibly take the smart choice and add a function in SConstruct_common.scons to handle it there.