- Position 1 - Payload power inhibit. When asserted, this bit will prevent the payload power from being applied.
- Position 2 - Standalone mode. When asserted, the IPMC does not require or interact with the Shelf Manager
- Position 3 - Force payload power. When asserted, this bit will force payload power on regardless of Bay presence.
- Position 4 - Hub Configuration. When asserted, the DTM is informed that this is a "Hub Board." That information can be used in any way, but currently it causes the DTM to run a DHCP server using the Shelf IP Info record for the addresses. This bit will cause the amber LED on the COB to light.
- Position 4 5 - Clock Synchronization Bus master. When asserted, the COB will enable the output buffers on the clock synchronization bus. This bit will cause the amber LED on the COB to light.
- Position 5 6 - (COB10+ ONLY) KR4 Inhibit. When asserted, the COB will reject eKeying commands to set Zone2 channels to 40GBASE-KR4. This causes the eKeying to "fail down" to 10GBASE-KR. It also has the effect of reducing the CEN bay power allocation from 75W to 55W which can be useful in shelves with 250W/slot limitations.